There are common hazards that exist in the workplace, so it is important to know how to identify and control these.
Examples of hazards:
- Anything that can cause spills or tripping such as cords running across the floor or ice
- Anything that can cause falls such as working from heights, including ladders, scaffolds, roofs, or any raised work area
- Unguarded machinery and moving machinery parts that a worker can accidentally touch
- Electrical hazards like frayed cords, missing ground pins, improper wiring
What to do if you come across a hazard?
All Sidekicks, clients and Sidekicker is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for yourself and for others. This means reporting any unsafe practices or hazards.
If you come across an unsafe or hazardous workplace, stop what you are doing and report this to the manager or supervisor of your shift as soon as you can.
If the hazard is not resolved by your supervisor, please report the hazard to Sidekicker through our hotline phone number below:
- Sidekicker Australia’s hotline phone number, 1800 665 035 (select option 2 after the prompts)
- Sidekicker New Zealand’s hotline phone number, 0800 003 998 (select option 2 after the prompts)