Introduction & Philosophy
Through strong and effective leadership, safe behaviour and continuous improvement of our safety management systems, Sidekicker is committed to providing working environments that are safe for our Sidekicks.
Sidekicker, our clients and our Sidekicks are responsible for health and safety in the workplace.
Our objectives are for:
- Less than 0.05% health and safety incidents; and
- a culture in which health and safety issues are raised openly and promptly.
To achieve a safe working environment, we will:
- Establish measurable safety performance objectives and targets.
- Consult with our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff when making decisions or proposing changes in safety matters.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review our safety standards and management systems.
- Comply with relevant legislation and supporting regulations.
- Identify, assess, manage and thoroughly investigate our safety risks.
- Involve our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff in developing risk solutions.
- Encourage a reporting culture.
- Respond to safety related incidents in a timely matter and implement strategies to remove risk in future
- Hold our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff accountable for their actions and behaviours.
- Regularly monitor our progress against our objective.
All Sidekicks are required, while at work, to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and of any of their work colleagues who may be affected by their actions or inaction. It is important that Sidekicks co-operate with Sidekicker in complying with the policy and procedures and legislative obligations. Sidekicks must not wilfully or recklessly interfere with, or misuse safety equipment, or put at risk the health and safety of others.
All Sidekicks can make Sidekicker a safer workplace by:
- Committing to a culture in which the health, safety and wellbeing of people is paramount
- Promptly informing your shift manager and Sidekicker about any workplace hazards which may impact a person’s health, safety and wellbeing
- Ensuring that you follow workplace policies and procedures
- Working with Sidekicker in any action taken to make your workplace safer; and
- Reporting any injury, incident or near miss to your shift manager and Sidekicker, if not immediately within 24 hours
- Use Sidekicker's Job Review system to provide relevant feedback related to your wellbeing on the Sidekicker platform
In the case of an injury at a Sidekicker shift, please inform the client as soon as the incident occurs so they can provide immediate medical attention.
Within 24 hours of the incident, please contact Sidekicker via our emergency phone number or HR email address below.
Reporting an incident in Australia
To report an incident in Australia, you can contact Sidekicker on 1800 665 035 and select option 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting an incident in New ZealandTo report an incident in New Zealand, you can contact Sidekicker 0800 003 998 and select option 2 or email us at email@example.com.
Sidekicker will record the incident in an Incident Report Form and follow up with the client to ensure that steps are being taken to improve workplace safety.
Download: Sidekicker OH&S Incident Report Form
Dial 000 (Aus) and 111 (NZ) and advise whether Police, Ambulance or Fire is needed.