What is a 'Right to Work - Visa / Passport' certificate?
Your 'Right to Work - Visa / Passport' certificate is a required certificate that Sidekicker uses to confirm your entitlement to work in New Zealand.
What do I need to do?
- If you are a New Zealand citizen: Upload a photo of either your passport, NZ citizenship certificate or birth certificate to the 'Right to Work - Visa / Passport' certificate on your Sidekicker profile. Please set the expiry date to 2030/01/01.
- If you have a visa: Upload a photo of your visa to the 'Right to Work - Visa / Passport' certificate on your Sidekicker profile. Make sure this includes your passport number and visa start date
You can find the certificates section of your profile by clicking the edit profile button and scrolling down -- it's just towards the bottom of the page.
What if I don't have proof of my citizenship or haven't uploaded this?
If you have not uploaded proof of your citizenship, you will not be able to see any shifts on your Sidekicker app or desktop.
Will my proof of passport or right to work be displayed to clients?
Your passport or right to work will not be displayed to clients. All personal information is treated in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, including:
- only using your passport or visa information to verify your working rights in New Zealand
- only retaining personal information as long as required
- not sharing personal information unless authorised by the visa holder or in accordance with a lawful purpose
- securely destroying any electronic or hardcopy versions of personal information when no longer required; and
- storing or sharing the information in a secure manner.