Introduction & Philosophy
We love seeing our Sidekicks on social media - it’s a great public way to share achievements, thoughts and personal sentiments. As a Sidekick you are representing Sidekicker and this comes with some responsibilities that are important to be aware of.
It is important that you show respect for the individuals and communities with which you interact. It is also key to remember that when engaging in social media take responsibility for ensuring that any references to Sidekicker are correct and accurate and do not breach confidentiality requirements.
Social media tools include but are not limited to:
- Social networking sites e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat and LinkedIn
- Video and photo sharing websites e.g. Flickr, YouTube
- Instant messaging (including SMS)
- Micro-blogging sites e.g. Twitter
- Weblogs, including corporate blogs, personal blogs or blogs hosted by traditional media publications
- Forums and discussion boards such as Whirlpool, Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups
- Online encyclopedias such as Wikipedia
- Any other web sites that allow individual users or companies to use simple publishing tools.
Private Sidekicker Facebook Groups
Sidekicker uses private Facebook groups as a way for Sidekicks to connect with each other and with Sidekicker as a community. The Facebook group is for answering questions, posting shift photos, and generally getting involved with the world of Sidekicker.
In order to get the most out of this group, there are a few guidelines to follow:
- Be respectful - Racist, vulgar, and aggressive language will not be tolerated.
- Be helpful - Did you hear about a free wine tasting or have a spare seat in your car and want to carpool with other Sidekicks to a shift? Post it here!
- Think before posting - If you need something on your profile changed, or want to provide some feedback, it may be more appropriate to contact Sidekicker directly via the blue chat bubble.
If Facebook group administrators feel your posts or comments are creating a poor group environment or deterring other Sidekicks from participation, you may be removed from the group. Stay positive and thoughtful and there should be no problems!
You are only able to disclose publicly available information and should not discuss any confidential company information. This includes wages, shift times, or volume of jobs, all of this information is only meant to be available for registered Sidekicks.
Please ensure that you do not post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, racist, sexist, bullying, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including Sidekicker, Sidekicks and/or Sidekicker clients.
It is also important not to disclose other people’s personal information in social media venues. Should you become aware of content on any social media platform that causes you concern or offence, please refer to Sidekicker's Grievance Policy.
Should a Sidekick be found to be in breach of Sidekicker's Social Media Policy performance discussions then we will take appropriate action which can include removing that person from our platform or informing relevant authorities.