Introduction & Philosophy
Through strong and effective leadership, safe behaviour and continuous improvement of our safety management systems, Sidekicker is committed to providing working environments that are safe for our Sidekicks.
Sidekicker, our clients and our Sidekicks are responsible for health and safety in the workplace.
Our objectives are for:
- Less than 0.05% health and safety incidents; and
- a culture in which health and safety issues are raised openly and promptly.
To achieve a safe working environment, we will:
- Establish measurable safety performance objectives and targets.
- Consult with our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff when making decisions or proposing changes in safety matters.
- Develop, implement, monitor and review our safety standards and management systems.
- Comply with relevant legislation and supporting regulations.
- Identify, assess, manage and thoroughly investigate our safety risks.
- Involve our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff in developing risk solutions.
- Encourage a reporting culture.
- Respond to safety related incidents in a timely matter and implement strategies to remove risk in future
- Hold our Sidekicks, clients and head office staff accountable for their actions and behaviours.
- Regularly monitor our progress against our objective.
All Sidekicks are required, while at work, to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and of any of their work colleagues who may be affected by their actions or inaction. It is important that Sidekicks co-operate with Sidekicker in complying with the policy and procedures and legislative obligations. Sidekicks must not wilfully or recklessly interfere with, or misuse safety equipment, or put at risk the health and safety of others.
All Sidekicks can make Sidekicker a safer workplace by:
- Committing to a culture in which the health, safety and wellbeing of people is paramount
- Promptly informing your shift manager and Sidekicker about any workplace hazards which may impact a person’s health, safety and wellbeing
- Ensuring that you follow workplace policies and procedures
- Working with Sidekicker in any action taken to make your workplace safer; and
- Reporting any injury, incident or near miss to your shift manager and Sidekicker, if not immediately within 24 hours
- Use Sidekicker's Job Review system to provide relevant feedback related to your wellbeing on the Sidekicker platform
If you are injured on a Sidekicker shift, please inform your shift manager or supervisor immediately and contact Sidekicker within 24 hours to complete an Incident Report. You can find our contact details and injury reporting process here.