If the job is in your Applied section:
If you are on your App, click on the word "Open" on the top, then click on "Applied". Click on the shift you would like to withdraw from, and on the bottom of the page a big blue button saying WITHDRAW will be on the bottom of the screen. Click this and it will ask you if you are sure you would like to withdraw.
If the job is in your Active section:
You will need to contact our Support team on 1800 665 035 (AU) or 0800 003 998 (NZ) to withdraw from your shift. If you are calling outside of our office hours, we request you leave a voicemail with your full name, the date of the shift, the client, and your phone number. If you are unable to do this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of the shifts and your reason for withdrawal.
Withdrawing from a shift will effect your reliability score on the platform. This is based on how many shifts you've withdrawn from within your past 10 shifts with Sidekicker. If you withdraw from too many, your account may be suspended for review.
It's always best to ensure you can complete the shift before applying! Our tips are:
- Check the location of the job and how long it will take you to get there
- Track the shifts you've been selected for using a diary or calendar app such as Google calendar
- Ensure you are aware of anything else in your life which may clash with a shift, such as university, work, or family commitments
- Withdraw your application before you're selected if you're unsure you can complete the shift
- Contact Sidekicker HQ immediately to withdraw from your shift if you're no longer available, or ill.