To complete your registration with Sidekicker for Nursing, and start booking the shifts you want, you’ll need the following:
For Assistants in Nursing you need to have completed a minimum of a Certificate III Individual Support and /or equivalent or higher.
For Enrolled Nurses a Diploma of Nursing and for Registered Nurses either a Bachelor of Nursing or or Masters of Nursing or equivalent. All qualifications will need to be recognised in Australia if they are from overseas e.g by AHPRA.
You’ll need at least 12 months of paid work experience at the level you are applying for. If you are studying to be a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse, you can work shifts as an Assistant in Nursing, but you will need to have 12 months experience at this level.
For Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses we will need your AHPRA Registration number. We recommend taking a screenshot of this on the AHPRA website.
Right to Work Check
All staff who work for Sidekicker must complete an online Right to Work Check. To verify your right to work, you’ll need either your passport, citizenship certificate, or Australian visa at your onboarding session or you can do it prior by following these steps.
Vaccine Preventable Disease Form
As part of Sidekicker's duty of care, we require all nurses to complete a pre-employment medical examination for Vaccines and Preventable Diseases, which provides a baseline health assessment for a worker before they enter a role with an employer.
Please take the form to your GP Doctor (we recommend a bulk billing one as they are free) to complete and have either a hard copy or digital copy for your interview. Note if you have done this form already in Australia then you can use that form.
We have a comprehensive list of certificates to ensure our nurses have the right skills and experiences to excel on their shifts.
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- Blue Card - (Free Volunteer acceptable)*
- Police Check
- Fire Safety
- Hand Hygiene
- Occupational Health & Safety
Sidekicker has a FREE online Learning Academy, where we can assist you with obtaining or renewing certificates that are older than a year (excluding police check and working with children). Please let us know in your interview if you wish to access these free courses.
*Please note with the Blue Card, application you select Volunteer, “Health counselling and support services” and “no” for providing organisations details.
As you are applying to become a casual employee of Sidekicker, we require the following in order to process weekly payment. Our pay schedule can be found here.
- Superannuation number (if you don't have one let us know at interview we can help)
- Tax File Number
- Bank Account Details
- Once you have registered to work on Sidekicker, we’ll review your application (approx 1-2 business days).
- If successful (you have the right Qualification and 12 months paid experience) we’ll invite you for an interview at your city's local onboarding centre.
- As part of this interview we’ll be looking for detailed experience, interpersonal skills, attitude and references. We'll also help you finish the certificates you don't have and build your Sidekicker profile.
- Tip - if you need to update and / or apply for Police Check or Blue Card, do that asap, as approval times can take a few weeks. Same with VPD Form, we recommend booking a GP appointment asap, and getting it done prior to interview.