As a Sidekick, you may be required to pass a criminal history or police check for particular work on our platform. A police check is required to work in healthcare roles, government roles, and any role which requires driving including truck driving and forklift driving.
How to complete your police check in Australia
If you have a police check, you can upload this to the certificates section of your Sidekicker profile and Sidekicker can validate this for 12 months from the date issued.
If you are yet to complete a police check and would like to, you can complete this by following these four steps:
- Click here to enter your basic details with National Crime Check
- Submit your payment information ($42 for an employment check)
- Provide your required additional information (this includes your place of birth, residential address details for the last 5 years, a driver’s licence and/or passport number if you have them).
- Complete the InstantID online proof of identity verification using original ID (must have either a drivers licence or passport). If you don't have a valid drivers licence or passport, select the "mail in option". There will be instructions on how to complete the "mail in option" once selected.
Disclosable court outcomes
Once you have completed your police check, Sidekicker will review this for any disclosable court outcomes that may preclude you from working in healthcare, government or in a role involving driving.
We are unable to accept a police check with the following disclosable court outcomes within the last 10 years:
- Offences causing bodily harm
- Aggravated or sexual assault
- Fraud or identity theft
- Offences involving financial gain including theft
- Stalking or breaching an Apprehended Violence Order (AVO)
- Drink driving offences for roles requiring driving
Expiry and Renewal
Sidekicker recognises police checks for 12 months from the date the check was undertaken.
You will receive an email one month before the 12 month expiry date as a reminder to conduct a new police check. Once your check expires, you will no longer be able to apply for roles that require a police check.