If you are injured while working on a shift with Sidekicker and you incur medical expenses, or have been advised by a medical professional to stop work, you may be entitled to claim workers compensation. 

How do I claim workers compensation in NSW?

Step 1: Notify Sidekicker of your injury or illness as soon as possible using the ‘Report a workplace incident' button in the app. You can access this button by clicking on your profile picture. 

When you report your incident, you'll be asked to complete an incident report form. If you do not have the Sidekicker app installed, you can complete that form here

Step 2: If you are unable to return to your pre-injury role within seven days, you will need a Certificate of Capacity from your nominated treating doctor so you can claim weekly payments.

  • Keep copies of any invoices or receipts relating to costs incurred from your injury or illness

We will report your injury or illness to our insurer, icare. We will provide them with supporting documents, as required, in order for them to assess your claim. You can also notify icare directly of your injury if you wish.

Within three business days of reporting an injury, icare will review the information provided. icare will call you and Sidekicker, as required, to find out more about your progress, the injury, or if possible, provide an outcome on any information that’s been given.

Within seven days a full assessment will have occurred. In most cases, liability will have been determined and you will receive confirmation of the level of support available relative to the assessment. 

Who can I call for help or advice?

For more information regarding making a claim please visit SafeWork NSW or The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) or call 13 10 50. 

Did this answer your question?