If you are injured while working on a shift with Sidekicker and you incur medical expenses, or have been advised by a medical professional to stop work, you may be entitled to claim workers compensation. 

How do I claim workers compensation in WA?

Step 1: Notify Sidekicker of your injury or illness as soon as possible using the ‘Report a workplace incident' button in the app. You can access this button by clicking on your profile picture. 

When you report your incident, you'll be asked to complete an incident report form. If you do not have the Sidekicker app installed, you can complete that form here

Step 2: Visit your healthcare provider and ask for a First Certificate of Capacity.

  • Keep copies of any invoices or receipts relating to costs incurred from your injury or illness
  • You are responsible for covering the costs of medical treatment for your injury until a decision on liability is made by the insurer. These costs will be reimbursed by the insurer if your worker’s claim is accepted
  • We advise you to check fees charged by your treatment provider against the prescribed Medical Fee rates (published by WorkCover WA) as any ‘gap’ is not payable by the insurer or employer

Step 3: Complete a Worker's Compensation Claim Form.

Step 4: Lodge your claim with Sidekicker by sending your completed Worker’s Compensation Claim Form to hr@sidekicker.com.au. Please include:

  • Your First Certificate of Capacity 
  • Any invoices or receipts for incurred medical expenses

Once we receive your completed claim form and supporting documents, we will submit your claim to our insurer, QBE.

QBE is responsible for assessing your claim. They must notify Sidekicker in writing within 14 of their decision to accept or reject the claim.

Who can I call for help or advice?

For more information regarding making a claim please visit WorkCover WA or call 1300 794 744.

Did this answer your question?