As per the guidelines from the Western Australian Government, any Sidekicks wishing to complete a hospitality shift in Western Australia will need to complete an AHA Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene course prior to being accepted on a shift.
You can see the official WA Government guidance here.
The course will take 2-3 hours to complete and the confirmation of the results may take several days to be issued, so we suggest completing the course as early as possible.
Which course do I need?
The course required to work Hospitality and Tourism shifts is AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course. There are other courses available should you wish to do a more comprehensive course, but this is not required unless directed by the client.
How to complete the required training course:
- Step 1: Click here and select ‘START NOW’ to begin your registration
- Step 2: Select the 'AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course' and click ‘REGISTER’
- Step 3: Complete all 5 training modules
- Step 4: After successful completion of the course modules, you should receive a certificate of completion within 5 business days. If it has been longer than 5 business days please check your junk/spam mail or email email@example.com
- Step 5: Once you have received your training certificate, or if you already have yours, please add this to your Sidekicker profile under the ‘AHA Hospitality and Tourism COVID-19 Training’ Certificate. You can find more information on how to upload a certificate here.
What if I have trouble completing the course?
The course is managed and run by the Australian Hotel Association of Western Australia so any queries are best directed to them here.