From 12:01am, Saturday, 28 August, the NSW Government requires authorised workers to carry a Worker Permit if they are:

  • Residing in an LGA of concern and travelling outside of their LGA for work, or

  • Entering an LGA of concern for the purposes of work

You can register for your Worker Permit now on the Service NSW website.

Registering for a Worker Permit

What you need:

  • a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration

  • your name, address, email and contact number

  • your reason for travel

  • the company name (i.e. Sidekicker)

  • your travel details (i.e. where you will working)

  • your travel dates

  • your dependants' name and contact number, if applicable.

How to register:

  1. Head to the Service NSW website here

  2. Check you meet the eligibility requirements

  3. Select the ‘Register online’ button

  4. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account

  5. Follow the prompts to complete your registration

  6. If successful, you'll receive your travel registration by email.

If you have trouble registering online, please contact Service NSW for further assistance.

Using your Worker Permit

If you are travelling to or from an LGA of concern for the purposes of work, you must carry your Worker Permit with you. This can be a digital version on your smartphone, or a physical copy on your person.

If you are stopped by authorities and need to provide evidence to support your Worker Permit, you can use the Sidekicker app to present them with your shift details. If further verification is required, authorities can also contact Sidekicker on 1800 882 694.

Worker Permit validity

When registering for your permit, you will be required to provide your length of travel. The length of travel cannot exceed 14 days as Worker Permits are only valid for a 14-day period.

Once your Worker Permit has lapsed, you will need to apply for a new permit following the same process as outlined in this article.

Did this answer your question?