Introduction & Philosophy
Sidekicker recognises the need to have a social media policy which ensures that Sidekicks who use social media either as part of their job, or in a personal capacity, have guidance as to the company’s expectations.
It is important that you show respect for the individuals and communities with which you interact. It is also important to remember that when engaging in social media take responsibility for ensuring that any references to Sidekicker are factually correct and accurate and do not breach confidentiality requirements.
Social media tools include but are not limited to:
- Social networking sites e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Snap Chat and LinkedIn
- Video and photo sharing websites e.g. Flickr, YouTube
- Instant messaging (including SMS)
- Micro-blogging sites e.g. Twitter
- Weblogs, including corporate blogs, personal blogs or blogs hosted by traditional media publications
- Forums and discussion boards such as Whirlpool, Yahoo! Groups or Google Groups
- Online encyclopedias such as Wikipedia
- Any other web sites that allow individual users or companies to use simple publishing tools.
Private Sidekicker Facebook Groups
Sidekicker uses private Facebook groups as a way for Sidekicks to connect with other Sidekicks and with Sidekicker as a community. The Facebook group is for answering questions, posting shift photos, and just generally getting involved.
In order to get the most out of this group, there are a few guidelines to follow:
- Be Respectful - Racist, vulgar, and aggressive language will not be tolerated.
- Be Helpful - Did you hear about a free wine tasting or have a spare seat in your car and want to carpool with other Sidekicks to a shift? Post it here!
If Facebook group administrators feel your posts or comments are creating a poor group environment or deterring other Sidekicks from participation, you may be removed from the group.
You are only able to disclose publicly available information and should not discuss any confidential company information.
Please ensure that you do not post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, racist, sexist, bullying, discriminatory or hateful to another person or entity, including Sidekicker, Sidekicks and/or Sidekicker clients. It is also important not to disclose other people’s personal information in social media venues. Should you become aware of content on any social media platform that causes you concern or offence, please refer to Sidekicker's Grievance Policy.
Should a Sidekick be found to be in breach of Sidekicker's Social Media Policy performance discussions and possible disciplinary action may occur.